Baku, May 19, AZERTAC
Azerbaijan State Civil Aviation Administration has announced the names of the crew members who died when an An-12 cargo plane of Azerbaijani Silk Way company crashed in Afghanistan.
"An-12 cargo plane, rented from Silk Way for cargo shipping purposes, crashed in the province of Helmand, Afghanistan, while it was taking off from Dwyer Airport at 18.30 Baku time. No cargo was on board. " "There were an Uzbek (captain), three Ukrainian and five Azerbaijani citizens on board," the administration said.
Nine crew members on board were:
1. Rashid Shaydanov (citizen of Uzbekistan), captain, born in 1953
2. Altay Abdullayev (Citizen of Azerbaijan), co-pilot, born in 1971
3. Nazim Asadullayev (Citizen of Azerbaijan), navigator, born in 1968
4. Nadir Rzayev (Citizen of Azerbaijan), flight engineer, born in 1964
5. Firdovsi Shahverdiyev (Citizen of Azerbaijan), radio operator, born in 1964
6. Azer Zulfiyev (Citizen of Azerbaijan), flight operator, born in 1973
7. Ruslan Zadnipryanets (citizen of Ukraine), technician, born in 1969
8. Andrei Ganzha (citizen of Ukraine), technician, born in 1955
9. Ramzi Aliyev (citizen of Ukraine), technician, born in 1963
According to the administration, all crew members were killed in the crash except Andrei Ganzha and Ramzi Aliyev.
Azerbaijan State Aviation Administration has already set up a task force to investigate the accident.
© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.