Baku, June 29, AZERTAC
The death toll in Istanbul’s airport terror attack has risen to 41, the regional governor’s office said, according to Anadolu Agency.
According to a statement issued by the office, among the 41 were 10 foreign nationals and three others with dual Turkish citizenship.
Also, a total of 109 injured people out of 239 had been discharged from hospitals in the city, the statement added.
Earlier, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said Wednesday that three suicide bombers were also killed in the attack at Istanbul’s Ataturk International Airport Tuesday night.
According to Yildirim, airport operations resumed Wednesday morning.
“Our airport has been reopened to flights as of 2.20 a.m. [23.20 GMT] and air traffic has returned to normal,” he said.
The prime minister added that police investigations into the incident were ongoing.