Baku, June 19 AZERTAC
German driver Nico Rosberg from Mercedes AMG F1 team has won the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe in Baku.
His result was 1:32:52.366.
Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel came in second with 16.696 second lag, followed by Force India’s Sergio Perez (+25.241).
Four drivers fell out of the race ahead of time.
Toro Rosso’s Daniil Kvyat fell out of the race in lap 6, while Carlos Sainz fell out of the race in lap 33.
Pascal Wehrlein from Manor Racing MRT fell out of the race in lap 40 due to the brake failure.
This is while Fernando Alonso from McLaren Honda was taken to the pit box in lap 42.
Baku, June 19 AZERTAC
Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe kicked off in Baku June 19.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev, his spouse Mehriban Aliyeva, Formula One Management CEO Bernie Ecclestone and President of the International Automobile Federation (FIA) Jean Todt are watching the race.
Before the start of the F1 Grand Prix of Europe, Azerbaijan’s national anthem was performed by 40 young people from the Azerbaijan State Children Philharmonic.
The Baku circuit, which is slightly over six kilometers, will have the racers go 51 laps.
Overall, 11 teams, two drivers in each, will compete in the race.
The drivers’ positions on the start line will be as follows:
1. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
2. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull Racing)
3. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
4. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
5. Felipe Massa (Williams)
6. Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso)
7. Sergio Perez (Force India)
8. Valtteri Bottas (Williams)
9. Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing)
10. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
11. Romain Grosjean (Haas F1 Team)
12. Nico Hulkenberg (Force India)
13. Fernando Alonso (McLaren Honda)
14. Esteban Gutierrez (Haas F1 Team)
15. Felipe Nasr (Sauber F1 Team)
16. Rio Haryanto (Manor Racing MRT)
17. Pascal Wehrlein (Manor Racing MRT)
18. Carlos Sainz (Toro Rosso)
19. Jenson Button (McLaren Honda)
20. Marcus Ericsson (Sauber F1 Team)
21. Jolyon Palmer (Renault)
22. Kevin Magnussen (Renault)
Azerbaijan is hosting the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe for the first time. The event started on June 17 and will end today, on June 19.
The specially constructed street circuit will see F1 cars race around the stunning downtown area of Baku, incorporating its UNESCO-protected old city – Icheri Sheher historical-architectural reserve – as well as its modern skyline and beautiful Caspian Sea promenade.
© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.