Soldiers linked to Erdogan hotel attack captured

A+ A

Baku, August 1, AZERTAC

Two more soldiers involved in an assassination attempt on President Recep Tayyip Erdogan were captured early Monday in southwestern Turkey, an official told Anadolu Agency.

An operation to capture 11 soldiers had been carried out in Sirinkoy Village in Ula district by gendarme forces, who clashed with rogue soldiers, an eyewitness told Anadolu Agency. There were no reports of casualties.

Two of the captured soldiers were named as Mustafa Serdar Ozay and Muammer Gozubuyuk, according to an official.

On Sunday night, Mugla Governor Amir Cicek told Anadolu Agency that Major Sukru Seymen, alleged commander of fugitive soldiers, was among nine suspects arrested.

On July 25, three other fugitive soldiers were captured inside a culvert near the Marmaris-Mugla road.

Over 20 suspected members of the military squad involved in the attack -- who are believed to have been ordered to capture or kill Erdogan -- were previously remanded in custody to face trial.

© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.


Fields with * are required.

Please enter the letters as they are shown in the image above.
Letters are not case-sensitive.