Turkish Stream pipeline construction project suspended — Russia’s Energy Minister

A+ A

Baku, December 3, AZERTAC

The Turkish Stream pipeline construction project has been suspended, Russia’s Energy Minister Alexander Novak told TASS on Thursday.

"The negotiations have been suspended," the minister said.

The agreement to construct the pipeline within the Turkish Stream project was reached in December 2014. According to the initial plan, the capacity of 4 lines of the pipeline will be 63 bln cubic meters of gas per year, with 16 bln to be supplied to Turkey and 47 bln - to the gas hub on the Turkish-Greek border. In October, Gazprom CEO Alexey Miller said the company will only construct 2 lines of the pipeline so far as the Nord Stream 2 pipeline can cover Europe’s growing demand for gas.


© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.


Fields with * are required.

Please enter the letters as they are shown in the image above.
Letters are not case-sensitive.