WORLD


Turkish minister confirms Tuesday blast was 'terror attack'

Baku, April 12, AZERTAC

Tuesday's deadly blast at a vehicle depot belonging to the security forces in southeastern Turkey was a terror attack, the country’s Interior Minister confirmed on Wednesday, Anadolu Agency reports.

"It was a terror attack. We have around 10-12 wounded," Suleyman Soylu told Haberturk TV.

He said a tunnel had been dug from outside the facility and explosives planted in a very short time despite regular Interior Ministry checks and patrols around the maintenance building.

Two civilian staff members and one police official were martyred when the explosion happened in Diyarbakir’s Baglar district at 10.47 a.m. (0747GMT) while an armored vehicle was undergoing repairs, according to the Turkish authorities.

An investigation was immediately launched into the incident.

© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.
Report a mistake by marking it and pressing ctrl + enter

FEEDBACK

Fields with * are required.

Please enter the letters as they are shown in the image above.
Letters are not case-sensitive.