Baku, January 25, AZERTAC
Scientists have found some perfumed products in the home can create unhealthy levels of formaldehyde.
With the winter winds howling at the door, the thought of battening the hatches and lighting a scented candle is understandably appealing, The Telegraph said.
But new research suggests scented candles could actually be far more harmful than previously thought, giving off potentially dangerous levels of the toxic substance formaldehyde.
But limonene also reacts with naturally occurring ozone when released into the air, causing one in every two limonene molecules to mutate into formaldehyde.
While it is already well known that limonene, which occurs naturally in plants, can degrade into formaldehyde, almost every test into its harmful impacts was carried out decades ago.
© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.