WORLD


At least 22 dead as bridge collapses near Genoa

Baku, August 14, AZERTAC

At least 22 people were killed when a motorway bridge near Genoa collapsed earlier on Tuesday, Rai News 24 news channel reports citing Italian Undersecretary to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport Edoardo Rixi.

Earlier reports said at least 11 had been killed. According to the Italian Civil Protection Department, at least 10 people are missing.

Condolences over the tragedy have already come from French President Emmanuel Macron, Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis. In particular, President Macron said France was ready to offer all necessary assistance to deal with the tragedy.

A motorway bridge, built on A10 motorway, collapsed near Genoa early on Tuesday. According to Italian media, there were about 20 cars on the bridge at the moment. The rescue operation is underway.

© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.
Report a mistake by marking it and pressing ctrl + enter

FEEDBACK

Fields with * are required.

Please enter the letters as they are shown in the image above.
Letters are not case-sensitive.