Book on Azerbaijan published in Tokyo
A book titled “Azerbaijan, a rapidly developing country the Japanese are not aware of” by renowned economist, TV producer Kazuyasu Ishida has recently been published in Tokyo. The book provides information about the history, culture, location, economic development, tourism potential and business opportunities of Azerbaijan.
Mr. Ishida was interviewed by AZERTAC. The following is excerpts from the interview:
- Dear Mr. Ishida, You are known in Azerbaijan as the host of TV shows, organizer of seminars, author of many articles. Why do you pay so much attention to Azerbaijan?
- I heard much about rapid development in Azerbaijan and the fact that the world is curious about that. What attracts me is Azerbaijan’s having rich oil and gas resources and the steps undertaken by the country’s leadership to develop the non-oil sector. I witnessed sincerity and hospitality of your people during my first visit.
I would like to underline two features about Azerbaijan. The first one is your people, the second is your rich history. Japan is also recognized around the world for these features. All these factors convinced me to prepare TV shows about Azerbaijan on our Internet TV.
- How come you decided to write a book on Azerbaijan?
- I felt it is not enough to organize seminars, write articles on Azerbaijan. In addition, since Azerbaijan is not known that well in Japan, I decided to write a book on the country which is rapidly developing while the world is hit by the economic crisis.
- How is Azerbaijan portrayed in your book?
- The book provides general information about Azerbaijan, its location, history, culture, economics, international projects, business opportunities.
- The book also narrates on the reconstruction projects under leadership of President Ilham Aliyev and the role of national leader Heydar Aliyev. What can you say about that?
- I think leadership is a very difficult thing and not every head can make a good leader. I respect very much the personality of national leader of Azerbaijani people Heydar Aliyev. Thanks to his resolution, Azerbaijan got out of the difficult situation and embarked on the path of development. President Ilham Aliyev skillfully turns the national leader`s development strategy into reality.
-What sources did you use while collecting material for the book and what is the audience of the book?
- I would like to thank Azerbaijan`s Embassy to Japan, Tokyo bureaus of Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency and Azerbaijan Television. These materials made this book rich and complete. I also used other Internet resources and information sources.
Although, the book is designed for young managers, company CEOs, businessmen, other groups of the Japanese society can benefit from this book.