Baku, May 27, AZERTAC
On 26 May, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan adopted a resolution on the extension of the special quarantine regime and removal of some restrictions.
According to AZERTAC, the Resolution signed by Prime Minister Ali Asadov states:
“Governed by Article 25 of the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On Sanitary and Epidemiological Safety” and “Rules for the adoption of quarantine, organizational, preventive and other necessary measures in the event of the emergence or spread of infectious, parasitic and mass non-infectious diseases”, approved by Resolution no. 73-1 of the Cabinet of Ministers dated 28 February 2020, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan hereby resolves as follows:
1. In order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus infection (COVID-19) in the country and its possible implications, the duration of the special quarantine regime in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall be extended until 06:00 on 1 August 2021.
2. It shall be established that:
2.1. From 06.00 on 31 May 2021:
2.1.1. The requirement for the use of individual respiratory protection equipment (medical masks, cloth masks, respirators, etc.) in public places in the open air shall be canceled;
2.1.2. Passenger transportation on the Baku Underground shall be resumed;
2.1.3. Passenger transportation of land and air transport between cities and districts of the country shall be resumed.
2.2. From 00.00 on 10 June 2021, the operation of the following work and service areas shall be resumed:
2.2.1. Places of worship (no more than 50 percent of places intended for worship at a time) (no more than 50 people in total);
2.2.2. Large shopping centers (except for children's and other entertainment centers and cinemas operating within them);
2.2.3. In line with Clause 2.3 of this Resolution, sports and rehabilitation facilities (without the requirement to use personal respiratory protection equipment);
2.2.4. Beaches and swimming pools located on their premises, water attractions and sports games.
2.3. Except for persons under 18 years of age, sports and rehabilitation facilities can be used by persons holding a COVID-19 passport (having a COVID-19 vaccination certificate) or a COVID-19 immunity certificate (having immunity after recovering from COVID-19);
2.4 From 1 July 2021, such passports and certificates shall be required for at least 80 percent of persons engaged in work and service areas that are required to possess COVID-19 passports or COVID-19 immunity certificates;
2.5. Compliance with all requirements and guidelines against the coronavirus infection in work and service areas as stipulated under Clauses 2.1 and 2.2 of this Resolution, established by resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, as well as other state bodies (agencies) is mandatory;
2.6. A limited number of spectators are allowed to attend four matches of the European Football Championship, to be held in Baku in 2021;
2.7. Individuals, legal entities and officials shall be liable for violation of the requirements of this Resolution in the manner prescribed in the Code of Administrative Offenses and the Criminal Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
3. The following amendments shall be introduced to Resolution No. 336 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On additional measures related to the special quarantine regime” dated 12 September 2020 (collection of laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan, 2020, No. 9, Articles 1209, 1231, No. 10, Articles 1274 , 1275, 1278, 1283, 1298, 1314, 1315, No. 11, Articles 1387, 1394, No. 12, Articles 1588, 1592, 1612; 2021, No. 1, Articles 92, 106; Resolutions No. 48 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated 3 March 2021, No. 71 and 72 dated 19 March 2021 and No. 100 dated 19 April 19 2021):
3.1. In Clause 1.1, the words “1 June” shall be replaced with the words “1 August”;
3.2. Clause 1.1.15 shall be given in the following edition:
“1.1.15. From 00:00 on 5 June 2021 to 06:00 on 7 June, from 00:00 on 13 June to 06:00 on 14 June, from 00:00 on 19 June to 06:00 on 20 June, from 00:00 on 26 June to 06:00 on 28 June, passenger transportation on public transport, including in the Baku Underground, shall be suspended.”
4. Introduce the following amendments to Resolution No. 189 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On the requirements for the use of personal respiratory protection in a special quarantine regime” dated 29 May 2020 (Collection of Laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan, 2020, No. 5, Article 660):
4.1. In Clause 1.2, add the word “closed” before the word “markets”;
4.2. Clauses 1.7 and 1.8 shall be removed.
5. To annul Resolution No. 451 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On additional measures related to the use of personal protective equipment in a special quarantine regime” dated 19 November 2020 (Collection of Laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan, 2020, No. 11, Article 1395).
6. The restrictions stipulated by Resolution No. 336 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On additional measures related to a special quarantine regime" dated 12 September 2020 shall remain in force insofar as they do not contradict this Resolution.
7. This Resolution shall come into force from 06:00 on 31 May 2021”.
© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.