SOCIETY


General Directorate for Combating Corruption under the Prosecutor General examined 3,874 citizens' appeals in first half of year

Baku, July 25, AZERTAC

“The General Directorate for Combating Corruption under the Prosecutor General of Azerbaijan examined 3,874 citizens' appeals in first half of year, completed the investigation of 115 criminal cases and forwarded them to the relevant judicial authorities for further consideration”, Azerbaijani Deputy Prosecutor General, Head of the Department Kamran Aliyev said at the press conference, dedicated to the results of the half-year activity of the General Directorate for Combating Corruption under the Prosecutor General of Azerbaijan.

'In the first half of the year, the Investigation Department of the General Directorate for Combating Corruption completed the investigation of 115 criminal cases brought against 184 officials and sent materials of these criminal cases for further consideration to the courts,' Aliyev said.

'According to 82 (65%) of these materials criminal proceedings were instituted, and on the remaining 44 (35%), there were taken preventive measures. In connection with this, 28 officials were brought to administrative responsibility,' K. Aliyev stressed.

He noted that the total damage on the 115 criminal cases, sent for further consideration to the courts, amounted to 51 million 194 thousand manats, of which 16 million 578 thousand manats, or 32.5% of the damages, were repaid during the preliminary investigation. With a view to paying off the remaining part of the damage, the steps envisaged by the legislation were taken by seizing the property of the accused persons.

© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.
Report a mistake by marking it and pressing ctrl + enter

FEEDBACK

Fields with * are required.

Please enter the letters as they are shown in the image above.
Letters are not case-sensitive.