Baku, March 18, AZERTAC
The complex is situated in the Vank village of Kalbajar district. This complex consists of the basilica, the temple and the chapel. The basilica is a hall without internal columns. The eastern part of the hall is ended with the semicircular apse with sacristies on each side. The well-preserved cathedral was built by the Albanian tzar Ovanes Hachen.
Hatavan became a Christian religion centre of the Alban-Hachen principality from the 10th till the 15th century. In 1214 Arzu Hatun, the spouse of the Albanian tzar Vahtang, had built a church in memory of her perished spouse and two sons. The complex dates back to the 9th century.
© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.