House Museum of Niyazi - founder of Azerbaijan conductor school

Baku, April 20, AZERTAC

The House Museum of Niyazi, one of the authors of the first symphonic works in Azerbaijani music, who played an important role in the formation and development of national symphony, was established in 1990 and opened its door for visitors in 1994.

Maestro Niyazi lived and worked in this apartment from 1958 to the end of his life. His former apartment, now Museum, consists of five rooms.

Three of them (dining-room, bedroom and working room) are kept as they used to be during Maestro's life. The other two rooms (exposition and living room) are managed to show more exhibits related to Niyazi and to provide space for chamber concerts and celebrations.

Photographs reflecting Niyazi's life and creativity from his childhood to his declining years, musical manuscripts, posters, playbills and other exhibits are displayed in the exposition room. The living room presents photographs reflecting Niyazi's social life, paintings and drawings presented to Maestro or acquired by the Museum during long time.

Niyazi Museum collection includes his musical manuscripts, photographs, books and printed music of his personal library, gramophone records, personal belongings, souvenirs, paintings, pieces of furniture, devices, other composers' manuscripts.

The Museum regularly hosts celebration events, conferences and concerts dedicated to Niyazi. Furthermore, different activities dedicated to the significant dates taken place in the musical life are arranged here as well. For instance, Piano 300, Tchaikovsky anniversary, Verdi anniversary, etc., were celebrated here in different years.

In total, more than 6200 materials related to Niyazi are preserved in the State Museum of Azerbaijan Musical Culture.


© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.
Report a mistake by marking it and pressing ctrl + enter


Fields with * are required.

Please enter the letters as they are shown in the image above.
Letters are not case-sensitive.