Baku, March 11, AZERTAC
The mosque-madrasa, attributed to the 16th century is located in Chalabilar village of Jabrayil district. It was built by Mahammad Ibn Haji Garaman in Hegira 1088, AD 1678. Religious and secular sciences were taught at the madrasa by the scientists and scholars. Famous Azerbaijani poet of the 18th century Molla Vali Vidadi also taught there. The pupils had their classes in special rooms – cells in the mosque. The mosque - madrasa complex had been fully restored before the occupation of the Jabrayil district by the Armenian Armed Forces in 1993.
At the present time the mosque-madrasa is completely destroyed.
On October 26, 2020 the village was liberated from occupation.
© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.