Baku, February 18, AZERTAC
The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to hospital on Tuesday evening "as a precautionary measure" after feeling unwell, Buckingham Palace has said, according to BBC.
Prince Philip, 99, was taken to the King Edward VII Hospital in central London, the statement added.
A palace source told the BBC the duke travelled by car to the hospital, where he was admitted on his doctor's advice.
He had been feeling unwell for a few days, but it was not related to coronavirus, the source added.
They said the duke - who is due to celebrate his 100th birthday on 10 June - was "in good spirits" in hospital, where he is expected to remain for a few days of observation and rest.
The Queen, 94, has remained at Windsor Castle. Earlier, she spoke by telephone with the First Sea Lord, Admiral Tony Radakin, about the work of the Royal Navy at home and abroad.
© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.