DECREE OF PRESIDENT OF REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
ON DECLARATION OF “KNOWLEDGE DAY” IN AZERBAIJAN REPUBLIC AND REGULATION OF WORKING SCHEDULE AT EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
1. It shall be determined that study at all the educational institutions of Azerbaijan Republic begins on 15 September.
2. September 15 shall be declared as the “Knowledge Day”.
3. Since 2004/2005 academic year, a five-day week shall be introduced for 1-4 forms at schools of general education /primary schools/ of Azerbaijan Republic.
4. The Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan Republic jointly with corresponding executive bodies shall in 6 months prepare and submit proposals on transition of all the schools of general education to a five-day week to the President of Azerbaijan Republic.
5. The Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan Republic shall solve the issues resulting from the present Decree.
6. The present Decree inures on the day of promulgation.
President of Republic of Azerbaijan
Baku, 21 August 2004