SCIENCE AND EDUCATION


SUPPORT OF SCIENTIFIC IDEAS

As known, a law on joining of Azerbaijan the agreement ‘On establishment of Ukrainian Scientific-Technological Center’ /USTC/ has been adopted recently. Thus, Azerbaijan has become another participant of the Agreement, signed on October 1993, in Kiev. According to the USTC executive director, citizen of Canada Eve Karmel, The Kiev office was established in 1995. 70 % of the projects on financing the conversion enterprises scientists is being carried out at the governmental level of the US, Canada and European Union, while the other 30% - by non-governmental, commercial bodies. The Kiev office is being coordinated from Brussels, Ottawa and Washington. Of the former Soviet Republics, besides Ukraine, just Georgia and Uzbekistan have joined this agreement. Involvement of Azerbaijan became possible due to the active and fruitful work done by Azerbaijani Embassy and the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan. Ive Karmel has recently visited Baku and met with some officials. He stated that $100 million is scheduled to finance interesting scientific projects. Finally, Mr. Karmel called on Azerbaijani side to put forward proposals at the forthcoming session in December.

© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.
Report a mistake by marking it and pressing ctrl + enter

FEEDBACK

Fields with * are required.

Please enter the letters as they are shown in the image above.
Letters are not case-sensitive.