EXECUTIVE ORDER OF PRESIDENT OF THE AZERBAIJAN REPUBLIC
Limitation of hydrocarbon reserves as a traditional energy source, and prevention of environmental contamination dictate necessity of increase in the world of volume of energy, developed due to alternative and restored energy sources. In this direction, positive experience is already saved up, in a number of the countries every year use of sources of a solar energy, wind power and other pure and restored energy sources extends.
Due to the favorable environment, Azerbaijan possesses sufficient alternative and restored potential of energy. However, the said potential is not used yet. Therefore, with a view of maintenance of creation with wide use of world experience of new power capacities due to alternative and restored energy sources existing in the country, I, hereby, resolve:
1. To approve the "State program on use of alternative and restored energy sources in the Azerbaijan Republic”(enclosed).
2. To establish, that the coordinator of the measures stipulated in the State Program, is the Ministry of fuel and power of the Azerbaijan Republic.
3. Cabinet of the Azerbaijan Republic is assigned to solve the questions following from the present Order.
4. Ministry of fuel and power of the Azerbaijan Republic is to take necessary measures for maintenance of execution of the State Program.
5. The present Order inures from the date of publication.
President of the Azerbaijan Republic.
Baku, October 21 2004.