Over 100 thousand social network users support Khojaly Genocide campaign
Baku, February 17 (AZERTAC). The Council for Governmental Support to NGOs, the NGO Cooperation Alliance and the National NGO Forum held a press-conference to provide information about results of the Internet campaign concerning Khojaly Genocide.
Head of Council for Governmental Support to NGOs Farasat Gurbanov said one of the priorities of the Council is to raise awareness of the world community about Nagorno-Karabakh adding it promoted a number of projects last year. Mr. Gurbanov said dissemination of information about Khojaly in foreign countries must be the main policy. It will yield positive results if Azerbaijani NGOs will implement projects jointly with the mass media or NGOs of these states, said Mr. Gurbanov.
Chief of the National NGO Forum Rauf Zeyni said a number of projects on Khojaly Genocide were and will be carried out in Azerbaijan and abroad.
A member of the NGO Cooperation Alliance Razi Nurullayev said the Internet action produced good results. More than 100 thousand users in social networks supported this action. This process will last till the end of 2012.