Palace of Panahali Khan

Baku, April 6, AZERTAC

The palace known under this name used to be near the city of Aghdam and has only survived as ruins. It consists of two structures. The complex is supposed to have more buildings initially. It was built in the early years after Panahali Khan left the service for Nadir Shah in Khorasan in 1738 and started creating the Karabakh Khanate.

The perpendicular buildings of the palace were not like a Khan’s luxurious headquarter, but resembled the houses of the 18th century’s Karabakh rich. Their facades used to face the yards.

Relatively large, the main building of the palace had a rather complicated configuration and consisted of different-size rooms. The veranda hall occupies the central position in this one-floor building.

Two-room open-entry premises join the veranda hall. The rooms are covered with beams.

Longer than 16 meters, the front façade of this interesting house of the 18th century faced the South by the traditions of Azerbaijan’s house architecture.

The second building of the palace is rectangular and consists of two rooms. The front door and windows facing the yard – the eastern direction, those rooms are covered with beams, which is typical for stone construction.

© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.
Report a mistake by marking it and pressing ctrl + enter


Fields with * are required.

Please enter the letters as they are shown in the image above.
Letters are not case-sensitive.