Baku, April 6, AZERTAC
Founder of the Karabakh Khanate Panah Ali Khan constructed the Shahbulag Castle complex near Shahbulaghi (the Shah’s Spring), 6 miles (10 kilometers) away from the city of Aghdam. The construction of the complex was finished in 1751-1752, and served as his rest area. Mosques, houses, public baths, and a market were constructed within the Shahbulag Castle complex, but only the castle and the mosque have survived. Restored in 1985, the castle is an example of the utilitarian military architecture of Azerbaijan Khanates.
© Content from this site must be hyperlinked when used.