United States cancels green card lottery 2012 results
Baku, May 14 (AZERTAC). The US Department of State has announced that all selection results for Diversity Visa Lottery 2012 published worldwide in early May are now void.
“We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided,” the Department said in an announcement.
“They were not valid and were posted in error,” it said.
“The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.
“If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.”
The US embassy in Dhaka also issued a statement on Thursday announcing the results “void”.
The results of the new selection process—to be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 programme, will be available on the website (http://www.dvlottery.state.gov./) on July 15, 2011.
Entries to the lottery remain valid and there is no need for re-applying, the embassy said. The confirmation number to check results also remains valid, it said.
Qualified entries from this time period will be included in the new random selection. Confirmation numbers on the Entry Status will remain valid.
Nearly 15 million people had entered the 2012 lottery hoping to win one of 50,000 US immigrant visas available under a wild-card programme.
The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV) makes available 55,000 diversity visas (DV) annually, drawn randomly from all entries and issued to persons who meet strict eligibility requirements from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.